Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Do Unto Others...

One of the good and bad things about being in a situation like mine, is that you tend to hear about a lot of other babies and parents who are going through terrible situations...the downside is a lot of these stories have already ended badly, and leave me thinking about how unfair life can be.

On the other hand, a lot of these stories, no matter the ending, are inspirational...grief can be very self-centered and sometimes it takes hearing about someone else's pain to make me realize I am not the only person with needs in this world.

Someone sent me a story that touched me in such a way last week.  This family, the Hardy's, is keeping a blog of their journey after the birth of their daughter, Clara.  You can read about Clara's condition on the blog, I am sure I would not be able to describe it with the eloquence her parents already have.

Clara is scheduled to have surgery tomorrow...as someone who has received so many prayers (from people I love and strangers alike)...and I am sure will be asking for many more...I feel it is the least I can do to pass along their story.

The last thing I want to hear is that "everything happens for a reason" (whether it is true or not)...but when something has happened that seems beyond reason, it helps to be there for someone else's everything.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Clara's story. Such a beautiful baby. I hope her surgery goes well. It irks me too when someone says 'everything happens for a reason'. I remember two people who told me this line themselves had experienced loss but now have beautiful babies - maybe that's why they can say that.

    But with my baby gone and empty hands I cannot believe now that 'everything happens for a reason'.

    ReplyDelete