Thursday, March 3, 2011

The answer is no

Parke put it best the other night when he said, "the universe is not a fair place."
And yeah, I know, nobody ever said life was fair.
I started reading a book the other day that listed all of the things that they suggested parents who have lost a child should do before trying again.
Most of them I can get behind...go to the dentist, exercise, find a support system...
But then they hit me with this one, "make sure you and your husband would be okay if it happens to you again."
No.
No, I would not be okay if I lost another baby.
I am not okay with losing my first child.
What about every person at my gym, church, and office who all seem to have a baby with them...is anyone asking them if they are okay with losing that child? Of course not.  So why should I have to?
If I ever get pregnant again, I don't care if it is tomorrow or ten years from now, it is because I have taken a leap of faith.
I know the world is not a fair place.  I know that bad things happen to good people. But honestly, I think the universe has asked enough of me for now.

2 comments:

  1. what kind of question is "are you ok with losing another child"??? They have obviously never had a loss like that. The universe has definitely asked enough of you. You and your husband deserve nothing but happiness from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How mean the question is!It drove me nuts when I thought about it. Nobody would be OK, and we deserve better!

    I want to share the quote I came across today with you and wish you sunshine, smiles and Lo♥e.

    "Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be."

    - Charles “Tremendous” Jones

    ReplyDelete