Friday, August 19, 2011

It's The Final Countdown

As I have said many, many times, patience is just NOT my strong suit.  When I am waiting on something, I almost always look for shortcuts.  For instance, if you are leaving for fabulous vacation on a Saturday, and you are currently stuck in a sucky slow Tuesday...well, you can't really count the day you are in, or the day you are leaving...therefore, you are leaving for vacation in a mere 72 hours! Which sounds SO much better than 5 long, tortuous days.

So, especially with our healthy report on Wednesday, clearly being pregnant is not torture...but sometimes it can be pretty close to a sucky slow Tuesday.  I am just so ready to have a squirming baby in my arms sometimes it feels like it will never happen.

Today, I am 20 weeks and 4 days pregnant...meaning I have 136 days until my due date.
Of course, I will be having a C-section, so I have to subtract a least 7 days..
And, vacations and holidays never count, so I pretty much have to subtract at least two weeks there (awful lot of holidays in the fall, you know)...
Then there is my birthday, which is pretty much a week-long celebration, so 7 days there...
Also, weekends are almost like holidays, so let's say roughly 20 weekends between now and January 2nd leaves me with no choice but to knock another 40 or so out of the count...
And THAT'S not even taking account days off for baby showers, nursery decorating etc. etc.

Honestly, when you really think about it, we are practically running out of time here!!

1 comment: