Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Life's A Stage

Right after we lost Rip, I paid a lot attention to the "stages" of grief...denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance.  I kept trying to figure out what "stage" I was in, and how fast I could get to the finish line.  As months went by I was told, and learned, that you cycle back through the stages time and time again.  I'm still cycling away, but each stage feels so much different ten months later than it did in those first days, weeks, months.  I like to write how I am feeling down, it is just my way of seeing progress and figuring out all of these emotions that keep swirling around.  So anyway, that's what I am going to try to do over the next few days...but for now, I am just going to enjoy that white chocolate macadamia nut cookie that is calling my name (9:30 in the morning is an acceptable time for that, right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment