Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Little Sursy

Growing up, whenever we had to do something really unpleasant (like going to the doctor) or really pleasant (all A's...I think it happened once, in the second grade) we got a little "sursy".  Just a little surprise to let you know someone cared.
Going to the doctor with this pregnancy is equal parts joy and fear.  Even though I am so thankful to be able to see a high risk doctor this time around, sometimes I think that their part-time job is to scare the living daylights out of you...every time we leave the office I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
To make it a little easier on us (by us, I mean the baby and myself), I decided that after every appointment we needed a little sursy.
I did not buy a single baby thing for Rip, I just didn't...I couldn't make myself.  I was determined to let that fear go this time, and let's just say I've succeeded.
With all of the doctors appointments we have had, Baby Harris # 2 has collected quite a few sursys...and as I said, I decided that we needed a little something after each appointment, so her mama isn't doing so bad herself!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! My mom used to give us sursies, too (never sure how to spell that, but heard it so often!) and I think they're a fabulous tradition. My OB's office is right by a Bojangle's, so many of my pregnancy sursies were, shall we say, biscuit-related. Glad you are taking such good care of yourself and baby #2 - can't imagine what a rollercoaster each doctor's visit is. Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete