Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Really Never HAVE Liked Airplanes...

Yesterday, my mom came up with an analogy about what this pregnancy is like for me and I thought it was worth writing down...so after it is all over and I am home with Gracie, I can look back and be proud of what we survived.

Imagine if you were in a terrible plane crash and then, for the next nine months, day and night, you were made to get back on a plane.  Even though everyone would tell you that everything will be fine, the plane will not crash, all you can think is "that's what you said the last time."

Now, clearly the pay-off here is much greater than anything I would get on a plane, and technically I did board this plane voluntarily, but regardless...it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

1 comment:

  1. Mom advice is the best; sounds like she couldn't have made a more apt comparison. Thankfully wisdom and good parenting skills run in the fam - little Gracie's bound to be raised right! Hope the "ride" is pretty smooth today.

    ReplyDelete