Friday, July 29, 2011

Be Careful What You Ask For

I probably won't write while I am on vacation, so I thought I would finish the week with a funny story.  This is a true case of "be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it!"

I know my mother-in-law reads this blog, so I will start by saying that I know she meant this in the best possible way (aka just trying to give me what I'd asked for), and I truly did think it was funny.

So, one of the things the doctor keeps saying is that one of the best signs we can have that Gracie is okay is that she keeps growing on track.  So, being the crazy person I am, I have become obsessed with her getting bigger and stronger.  I am practically begging this child to kick me so hard it brings me to my knees.

I am also practically begging everyone I see to tell me how much bigger I have gotten.  Parke in particular has been very reluctant about doing so (apparently valuing his life a great deal) but after a few weird looks I can usually get my audience to tell me that yes, my belly does look a lot bigger than yesterday...last week...what have you.

The other day I was visiting my mother-in-law and told her about my newest quirk.  I proudly put my hand on my belly and she obligingly told me that Gracie was looking large and in-charge.  We chatted, caught up on life, and after I while I got up to make my exit.  It was as I was walking away, belly to the door and fanny to her face that she exclaimed, "WOW! You really ARE getting huge!!!"

Like I said, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it!  Time to get me and my huge self to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment