Friday, October 21, 2011

Confession

My deep, dark pregnancy confession...I like it when people touch my belly.  Let me be clear, this statement pertains to pregnancy alone, touch my tummy when there is no baby inside and I won't be held responsible for my actions.

I don't know why I don't mind, it is a total invasion of personal space and I surely would hesitate if the person reaching out was of the creepy persuasion, but for the most part any old Jane or Jill is welcome to feel this baby bump.

I should be ashamed, I am breaking the pregnant woman code by encouraging this behavior, it's just that is somehow validates everything I am feeling when someone else gets that look of wonder and excitement feeling my baby kick.  It makes her seem more real.

Poor Parke can't make it through the day without having a belly shoved in his face and frankly he finds the "watch it wiggle" jello blob that was once his wife's stomach a little creepy. Can't imagine why.

So I am left seeking the belly rubs of family, friends, and strangers...feel free to try it yourself...just don't tell anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment