Thursday, October 20, 2011

You're Gonna Miss This

I have no idea what is it with me and cheesy country songs when I am pregnant, but today I heard the Trace Adkins song You're Gonna Miss This, and this part-


You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this



left me near tears.


There have been so many times during this pregnancy I have wished away days and months.  Earlier today I was joking that I wouldn't mind sleeping through the next nine weeks and waking up with a healthy baby in my arms.  


It's true that I almost can't wait to get the baby here.  There are so many worries and fears that come up with being so close.  


But this is the only time I will ever be pregnant with Gracie.  This is the only October 20th I will ever have with her in my belly.  Today is the day that she kicked so hard I had to push my chair back from my desk.  Every day from here on out will be closer to the last day I will be pregnant with this little girl.  I will be so happy when that final day comes and I meet her face to face...but I think I'm gonna miss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment