Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall-ing Out

I am the most cold-natured person on earth.  I am that girl in a sweatshirt as soon as the temperature dips below 80...and yet, I am almost giddy about our first cool weather coming this weekend.

This time last year, I was only one week away from a 6 week hospital stay.  I basically missed an entire season sitting in one bed, one room for 36 days.  I kept looking outside and watching the sky get that bright fall blue, I dreamed about football games and Halloween and pumpkin spiced lattes.

I really try not to dwell on the sad, lord knows there is enough sad without me dragging things up...so here are some good things:
This weekend I am going to plant purple pansies in my front yard..heck, I might even get a pumpkin
I am going to sit on the beach in a chair (and a sweatshirt) and let the sun beat down on my face
I am going to take a walk and let cold water hit my feet, because I can
I am going to eat as much candy corn/m&m/peanut/raisin mix that I can fit into my ever-growing belly
I am going to drink apple cider, pumpkin spiced lattes and hot chocolate
I am going to buy some big old jeggings and put them on with boots
Basically, I am going to fall out over fall.

2 comments:

  1. Why do I have to live so far away? I would love to do any and all of these things with you. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the company:) Hope you are enjoying the NYC fall!!

    ReplyDelete