Friday, September 9, 2011

In the Pink

Yesterday, someone mentioned to me that instead of always looking of the black and white, I should try to enjoy the "gray area" of my pregnancy...meaning I should try to keep it in the present instead of worrying about the past or trying to jump forward to the future.  I agree, but as I've mentioned before, the gray area of anything doesn't sound like somewhere I want to be.  So, in honor of Gracie, I will try to enjoy the "pink" of this pregnancy.

Before I got pregnant with Gracie, my doctor warned me that I would be a nervous wreck until I was home with my baby (and probably well after!) because we lost Rip after his birth...meaning there wouldn't really be a month or week that I could pass and believe everything was going to be okay.

This weekend, I will be 24 weeks.  This is a BIG milestone...it means that, although nobody would ever want this to happen, if I were to go into labor today there is a decent chance that my baby would survive.  My first instinct is to think of all of the things that could still go wrong...but the reality is, I am 24 weeks pregnant and everything is looking great.  I feel good, Gracie is (well, I am) growing daily, the weather is beautiful, and we have a fun weekend planned.  Things are pretty darn good "in the pink"...now I've just got to do my best to stay here.

3 comments:

  1. In the pink might just be the best outlook for life!!! I'm so happy to hear that you and Gracie are both having a great day! LOVE Y'ALL BOTH SO MUCH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect way to put it! Still praying for each of y'all, and especially for little Gracie. Twenty four weeks is no small feat - I'm excited for you! Hope the rest just flies by. We're seven weeks behind you and I'm ready to feel the kick-kick-kicks myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Love those kick kick kicks :)

    ReplyDelete