Friday, September 23, 2011

They Say it's Your Birthday

My doctor's office called me this afternoon to let me know that Gracie's birthday (aka my c-section date) has been moved to December 27th.  As my mom said, I think I can be available that day.

I am a little funny about the whole birthday thing with her anyway.  Because it was medically necessary for me to have a c-section with Rip (as it will be for me with Gracie), I, in the broadest sense of the word, "chose" Rip's birthday. Granted, we knew he had to come early and I think I was maybe given a choice of a Thursday or a Friday, but I picked the 11th because it was my lucky number.  And though I know (I know I know I know) that decision did not play a part in what happened after Rip was born, there are times when it weighs on me.

In the truest sense of the concept, Gracie won't get to come whenever she wants to...if she is still hanging in there two days after Christmas she is destined to be in my arms whether she likes it or not.  But I am okay with that being my doctor's call at this point.

Still, being that Gracie seems to be a bit of a party girl, I would not be surprised if she made it known that she would like to join in the festivities a few days earlier.  Either way, they say December 27th is your birthday and that is just fine with me.

1 comment:

  1. Our babies have birthdays with two day differences. My first daughter Lorelei (alive and well at almost 4 years old) was 12/29. And my sweet angel Charlotte was 11/13.

    12/27 sounds like a great birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete