Thursday, January 20, 2011

Help Wanted

Grieving is a full-time job.  Which is really inconvenient when you actually have a full-time job, not to mention family, friends, and other obligations you are shirking because this grief thing is so all-consuming.

I hate that I can be in the middle of something important, only to have one little thing brush up against the tender wound that is grief and ruin the rest of my day.

It seems more than a little unfair to require somebody, who has already suffered through a tragedy, to then have to turn around and work so hard at grieving "successfully". 

The fact is, despite everything else you have going on in your life, grief demands the most attention.  I wish I could put out a want ad, "Life wanted, full-time griever needed". Any takers? Didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment