Tuesday, May 22, 2012

From Me to You, Gracie Lou

Dear Gracie Lou,

You, at FIVE months today, are just so much fun. 

You are learning so much every day, and have quite the personality.  You are kind of sensitive (I have NO idea where you got that from), and it hurts your feelings if we laugh at you...but you are such a funny little thing.

You are so strong, today you sat up by yourself for a full minute and I swear if you held on to something you could stand by yourself too.

Your little arms and legs look like they have rubberbands on them, I love your rolls and could kiss them all day long.

At night we read The Foot Book and Hop on Pop, followed by The Going to Bed Book, and finish up with your personal favorite Goodnight Moon.  You have recently discovered how to turn the pages yourself and find it much more fun to slam the book shut if my fingers happen to be in the way...you will do this repeatedly and grin and squeal.  This is probably the kind of behavior we should discourage but you are just so pleased with yourself that it is hard to do.

Another recent discovery is the dog...you LOVE the dog.  I wish I could say that the feeling is mutual, but to be honest I think you might scare poor old Dock a little.  Maybe it has something to do with the way you scream at the top of your lungs in his face before grabbing his ears and sucking on his head. 

My favorite part of every day is coming into your room in the morning.  Most days you don't even cry or make noise, you entertain yourself until I come to get you and then your eyes light up and you get the biggest grin on your face.  It's like every morning you remember you have a mama all over again and it is the greatest thing that has ever happened in your whole life.  It rocks.

Recently, you have started reaching out and putting your chubby little palm on my face and leaving it there for a while.  You will look at me very intently, like you own me.  You are so right about that Baby Girl, I am all yours.

Your Daddy and I could not love you more if we tried, everything you do makes us smile and you make us better people.  We pray every day that we have what it takes to be the parents you deserve, the very best.

So that's it for now, from me to you, Gracie Lou.

Love,
Your Mama



1 comment:

  1. Precious. This was just precious.
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete