Friday, May 18, 2012

I Don't See What Is So Funny

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I'll admit it, I still have some major trust issues.  I still have some major control issues (and whoever thought up the word control must have had a great sense of humor).  I am no good at "trusting in the Lord".

All I want, everyday, is what is best for Gracie.  So I plot and plan and try to figure out what that is...do I work full time and make sure she can have ballet shoes?  Or do I cut back on my hours and risk her living in a paper box (a little dramatic, I know)?  What is best for our family?  I pray about it, but I still never seem to find an answer that is the "right" one.

You know that old saying, "God laughs at those who makes plans"...well, I certainly don't see what is so funny.  

So I try to remember that God is a planner too, and he know the plans that he has for me, and maybe more importantly, Gracie.  They are plans to proper, not to harm, plans for a hope and a future.  Is that always easy for me to trust and believe? No.  But, as always, I have to make a choice...and I choose to believe.

1 comment:

  1. great post, i love reading your blog, and love your honesty.

    ReplyDelete