Saturday, April 7, 2012

Wake up and smell the Easter Bunny

Do you ever feel like God is talking right to you?  Not in the "blah blah blah" sense, but in the "something happens and you know it was meant just for you" sense?

That is what happened to me when I got home from work yesterday... basically God told me to get over myself.

After my "Inside Out Girl" post, I came home feeling pretty sorry for myself.  After I got Gracie to bed last night I noticed that my sister (who kept Gracie for us this week) left her devotional book at our house and I decided to read yesterday's lesson.  This is part of what it said:

"When you focus on what you don't have of situations that displease you, your mind becomes darkened.  You take for granted life, salvation, sunshine, flowers, and countless other gifts from Me.  You look for what is wrong and refuse to enjoy life until that is 'fixed'."

Guilty.  GuiltyGuiltyGuilty.

Yes, it is awful leaving Gracie every day, I hate every minute I am not with her...but there is a Gracie to leave.  Last Good Friday, I literally did not know if I would ever have a living baby.  Parke and I sat in a sanctuary and prayed for the problem we are having right now, and our prayers were answered.

So, shame on me for not believing our prayers will continue to be answered, for not believing there is a plan, and I am certain it does not involve any of us being miserable.  Shame on me for almost not recognizing how lucky I am this weekend.

Thank goodness I woke up and smelled the Easter Bunny just in time...now bring on the Peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment