Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Raindrops on Roses

I feel I've been a little doom and gloom lately, not that it isn't warranted but I wanted to make it known that there is still a good deal of happiness going on in my life.

Here are a few of my favorite things this fall:

My wiggle worm of a baby girl...Last week at our doctor's it took them a full ten minutes to get her heartbeat because she kept kicking away the monitor.  The nurse (somewhat ominously) said, "This is when you can really start to tell their personalities".  I am sure she will keep me running in the years to come, but for now nothing makes me happier than the crazy gymnastics going on in my belly.

Russian Tea...you know, the kind with Tang in it that is literally pure sugar?  I didn't even know they still made Tang but over the weekend my mom made me a batch and it has become my morning treat.  Based on the sugar content alone, Gracie seems to like it too.

Books on CD...this is my newest obsession.  I sincerely look forward to getting in my car and driving somewhere when I know I have a good book.  I was getting a bit hormonally road-ragey there for a while, but now I actually welcome the sight of a little traffic.

A Happy Halloween...I was a little worried that Halloween this year would be hard, but I honestly enjoyed it. Last year I was in the hospital and horribly lonely.  This year, Parke, Dock the dog, Gracie and I all piled on the couch and ate hot dogs (a long standing family Halloween tradition).  We had some cute little buggers come by to trick-or-treat and gave away all of our candy...well, except for the little pile I set aside for later.  I have a growing girl to think about after all.

November...yes, parts of November are really hard.  But I have always loved this month.  Some of my favorite people have birthdays coming up, my mom, my sister...and well, me.  And now I have Rip to add to the list, and no matter what he deserves to be celebrated this month.  No child of mine would settle for anything less.  Add a fabulous Thanksgiving meal and some day after Thanksgiving shopping (with birthday money in hand) to all of this and there are some good things about November.

Nice people...we have been blessed with some of the best friends and family anyone could ask for.  This coming weekend we will have a baby shower for Gracie, something I was initially very hesitant to do because I feel that everyone has already done so much for us.  But so many people encouraged this shower, and seemed to genuinely want to celebrate this baby that I am really looking forward to it.  And I am enjoying nice people in general, being pregnant you tend to get a lot of big smiles and encouraging comments...and while they may be thinking you poor old big thing, it makes life considerably more enjoyable to be surrounded by goodwill.

So, these are just a few of my favorite things...simply remembered and now I don't feel so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment