Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A shocking turn of events

So, at 29 weeks pregnant with five weeks to go, I find myself at East Cooper Hospital for the long haul of this pregnancy. It would be an understatement to say that Parke and I were shocked when the doctor calmly said that based on some recent developments, it was time to think of a hospital stay. Shocked would not even describe our reaction when I asked her when and she said "now."
So surreal when I went home and threw a bunch of clothes in a bag and left for the last time in what is likely to be at least five weeks...even more so when I realized the next time I come home I will have a baby.
It has all happened really fast, but as scary and unsettling as it has been it is not nearly scary and unsettling as these past couple of months when my constant thought and worry has been that something terrible would happen to our baby. While a hospital stay is certainly not ideal, I feel like I can breathe for the first time in weeks. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment