Thursday, June 14, 2012

" I Will Listen"

Tonight I opened my Bible and a folded piece of paper fell out.  The outside read "To be opened December 2011"

The inside read:

11/29/2010

Dear God,

I do not know why you had to take Rip from us, but I promise to try to accept that there are things that I cannot and will not understand.  I will try to put my trust in you.
Here are the things that I ask (beg) in your name
- I ask for peace for Parke, my family and myself
- I ask you to keep my marriage safe and full of love
- I ask you for a healthy child, born to us so that we can show him/her all of the love we have
- I ask you to never again let me take any moment for granted

In your name,
Amen

I wonder what the girl who wrote this note would have thought had she known that she would have been too busy to open it in December 2011...or for almost six months after...because she was spending every moment loving her healthy baby girl?

"In those days when you pray, I will listen."

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that gave me such a lump in my throat. So glad you found that. Sometimes I look back at myself a year ago and think, "If that girl only knew...," as though I were someone else entirely then. Maybe I was. But the girl you were in November 2010 would undoubtedly be comforted by your busy, totally different life. You had every (happy) reason not to remember that note, but I'm thankful you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This gave me goosebumps

    ReplyDelete