Monday, December 17, 2012

Not Enough

I know good and well that no words I have will be enough to bring peace to the families who have suffered such unimaginable tragedy in Connecticut last week.

I thought about not mentioning anything, but I think that is how the grieving end up so lonely sometimes...when we are too afraid to say the wrong thing, so we say nothing at all.

So I will say the words that are so far from enough...
I am praying for your peace
I am praying that the world lets you talk about your children without prying
I am praying that you receive meals on your doorsteps to nourish your bodies and your souls
I am so sorry for your loss, and I am praying.

These words are not enough...but my parents taught me, as I will teach my child, as I am sure the parents who are faced with so much sadness and loss today taught their precious children...

You do whatever you can to help those around you, you always try your best, and you never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment