Monday, March 4, 2013

Perfectly Said

I read a blog post this morning that put something into words so perfectly that I had to share it.

It gets harder as time goes on to know how and when to talk about Rip.  It's sometimes hard to tell other  people why I want to talk about him so much, but Jack's mom did it so much more eloquently than I ever could.

I love that when I go shopping with Gracie, giggly little teenagers stop trying to be cool and tell me that she is adorable.  I love that I can exchange knowing glances over her head with other mothers when I pick her up from school and an end of the day tantrum is imminent.  I love that everything about me when I am with her screams that I am this child's mother.

And I miss those things so much with Rip.  I miss having all of the same love for my child who is not here, so I can't be his mother without saying a word.  So echoing the words of someone who said it perfectly, thank you for continuing to say and for letting me say Rip's name.


4 comments:

  1. Anne, I love your blog. I'm not sure if you've ever read the book "Proof of Heaven," but it has given me hope for a number of reasons, for a number of causes. It's a quick, easy read, and it may bring you comfort when you read the words of the author. I think of you often, of your beautiful son often, and love seeing updates of your amazing daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsay. Someone else recently recommended the book to me, I will have to check it out!

      Delete
  2. Rip. Rip. Rip. You are Rip and Gracie's mama, indeed! Love and Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jack's mama. And thank you for saying it so well in the first place!!! xxxooo

      Delete