Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dat?


Gracie has reached the age now where she wants to know what EVERYTHING is.  She is constantly pointing her meaty little finger and asking, “Dat?”…”Dat?”

Some things you can just pray that she only asks to see at home.  One she has recently become obsessed with is my c-section scar.  As you may remember, I had some…troubles…when I got out of the hospital with Gracie and so my scar is a bit larger than most (ie you could probably see it from space). 

Still, when this little love of my life points at it and asks “dat?” and I tell her “that is where Gracie came out of mama’s tummy”, she nods very smugly and smiles a small little smile… and I feel very, very lucky to have been so beautifully scarred by my children.

And “dats” all that matters.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe I still have not met this darling child. Unacceptable. I need to visit Charleston SOON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS!! Please come see us anytime!

      Delete
  2. I love this! It makes that scar EVEN more special! :)

    ReplyDelete