Friday, August 3, 2012

This Time Last Year...

This time last year, I was writing this post, I called it "This Time Next Year".

Once again, I am off to my much anticipated beach vacation with my family (and this time burglars, if you are reading, house is on the market... its all yours).

I remember so clearly writing that post last year, and how bittersweet it was.

This morning, I took this picture...


The girl that wrote that post last year literally could not conceive that this picture would ever be taken...not in an "I can't believe it" way, but in an I can't believe it way.  In the background of this picture is the framed photo we have beside our bed of me holding Rip, always part of our family, always there.

Are there still bittersweet moments?  Of course.  But sometimes, unlike this time last year, the moments are just sweet.


1 comment:

  1. Happy sigh. What a relief to know you're soaking up some of the purely sweet, utterly precious moments this girl brings y'all. She's a beauty, and y'all deserve every ounce of this joy.

    ReplyDelete