Thursday, August 2, 2012

Coulda Shoulda Woulda

I have been in a funk to beat all funks these past few weeks.  Every little thing that happens has me mentally stomping my feet and saying "No fair!"

I think I'd decided, that at the ripe old age of 31, that life was never going to be what I wanted it to be and so I was just going to sit down and stew about it.  I am not sure what the proverbial straw that broke the proverbial back of the proverbial camel was (sorry, this is an inside joke between my childhood best friend and I...we were/are a couple of weirdos who got a lot of humor by sticking "proverbial" in front of everything...clearly we needed to get out more)

Anyway, today I went to my therapist (shocking, I know).  We started talking about the different possibilities for my life moving forward, and I felt the teeniest stirrings of something I haven't felt for a while now- excitement.

The thought that my life could still change, and be pretty awesome at that.  It was enough to send me racing to Pinterest and pinning every inspirational quote I could get my hands on...that's a start, right?

I guess the bottom line is what everyone has been telling me all along, it's up to me to make my life the way I want it to be.  Yes, of course God has a plan and its up to me to talk to Him and follow that plan as best I can, but I doubt His plan was for me to go into a sixty year pout (the women in my family tend to live long lives)...I am not sure even His patience can handle that many years of Coulda Shoulda Woulda.

So here is to possible new beginnings...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can

1 comment:

  1. If pinning like mad isn't a sign of motivation, then I will never again accomplish anything of worth in my life. Hooray for moving forward, and for the promise of a long, healthy, happy life.

    ReplyDelete