Day 22
I ordered a carbon monoxide detector at 3 am this morning. I figured of all the things I cannot control right now, that’s one thing I can.
After that I went back to sleep until almost 7 am…that’s been one of the silver linings of all of this…this whole family lays about every morning until 7 or 8 am. The first few weeks I leapt out of bed and did the whole get dressed thing but honestly it just prolonged the day.
That’s a little dramatic. I am, embarrassingly so at times, for the most part enjoying this time with my family. Take away the whole killer virus and add in the ability to see extended family/friends and this life is sort of what I've spent the better part of my last few years praying for.
I am writing this listening to my children playing happily in the shower together. Gracie just asked Sam to grab her pajamas when he got out. I heard him yell “Gwacie, I got you a nightgown and undapants”.
It’s not all like that- every morning Sam asks, “Mama, what are we going to do today?”
And I have the overwhelming urge to say “What we do every day Pinky, take over the world”
But instead I try to make staying in our house and going on a bike ride for the 100000000 time sound exciting.
Today is Saturday so I went to my friend’s house for a social distancing happy hour. It was wonderful and I was a nervous wreck the whole time. That pretty much sums up this whole experience.
Oh and also, today I learned we are supposed to take off our shoes because if we are somewhere when someone with corona sneezes, and we walk in it and bring it in our homes we are all doomed. So there’s that.
No comments:
Post a Comment