Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Don't you know I like my life that way...

You will probably think I am crazy after reading this post, but as Pat Green says, if this is crazy then I like my life that way.
My mother-in-law was kind enough to get us fuel for our gas fire as an anniversary gift. The "gas guy" came by yesterday to fill the tank while I was not there...by the time I did get there the house smelled strongly of gas. I figured blowing up the house at this point would be the last straw for a lot of people, so I called the company.
They were little to no help, had me running around turning on and off gas and finally asking me to re-light the pilot light to the darn fire. I am not mechanically inclined under the best of circumstances and I can barely get myself dressed right now so you can imagine how thrilled I was to be playing with fire.
So there I sat, my big head directly in the fireplace, mashing every button in sight trying to get this alleged pilot light to do its thing while the whole place still smelled terrible, no clue whether I was making things better or worse.
I lost it. I screamed and yelled and shook my fist at God, let Him know I could not handle ONE MORE THING.
And the fire came on.
And then I heard very clearly, "you will have another baby."
And then I cried some more.

So...I realize that makes me sound crazy and I don't care. If it takes me melting down (no pun intended) over a fireplace in North Charleston, SC to feel God again then so be it. I know that I will have so many more days of breaking down and crying my eyes out, but I also now know that we are going to be okay. That's my kind of crazy.

3 comments:

  1. are you sick of this girl you don't even know posting on your blog??? LOVE this post. LOVE it even more when the LORD clearly speaks to us..wish it was always as clear as what you heard yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful....and how blessed you are...the luckiest, "unlucky" mama I know. I love reading your blog and go back to these posts from time to time. Know that your words have an impact on so many people. Many may never comment, however, they are every bit as moved as I am right now. Sending you hugs from the "chicken" and her mama! ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful....and how blessed you are...the luckiest, "unlucky" mama I know. I love reading your blog and go back to these posts from time to time. Know that your words have an impact on so many people. Many may never comment, however, they are every bit as moved as I am right now. Sending you hugs from the "chicken" and her mama! ��

    ReplyDelete