Gracie has been having a little diaper rash issue (which I am sure she will be thrilled that I shared over the world wide web one day), so last Friday I called the doctor and made a mid-day appointment.
I also called Gracie's daycare and asked them to prepare her mid-day bottle a little early because, as previously discussed, girl doesn't like to miss a ba-ba.
When I arrived at "school" said ba-ba was nice and warm and Gracie was thrilled to see me. I settled back in a chair, ready to feed her before hopping in the car when I noticed her teacher looking at me, wide-eyed.
"Are you going to hold that for her?!"
Upon affirming that yes I was planning to hold the bottle per our usual routine, she just shook her head and laughed.
"We usually just hand her the bottle and she goes into a corner, drinks it, and brings it back."
This was news to me. I have been rocking and feeding this baby every bottle that has ever touched her little rosebud mouth for the past 11 months. Don't get me wrong, I love doing it...it's just that she so clearly has me right where she wants me.
Over the weekend, I tried not holding the bottle, just to see what would happen. We both watched as it dangled loosely from her mouth. She looked at me...I looked at her. I will let you guess which one of us caved first.
Maybe I should be more concerned, but I feel sure that she will move on to other things to bamboozle me into doing as time goes on. Mama didn't raise no fool.
haha! funny girl. i apparently did this to my parents with my bedtime story. they found out i could read from my teachers long before i ever let on :)
ReplyDeleteHa! Love it!
DeleteWhat a riot! I can't believe her antics! Well, yes I can. I can see Benjamin doing something similar. Sly.
ReplyDeleteBoth of my girls did the exact same thing, but transition to not drinking out of bottles just fine. I loved feeding them their bottles.
ReplyDelete