"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
I'll admit it, I still have some major trust issues. I still have some major control issues (and whoever thought up the word control must have had a great sense of humor). I am no good at "trusting in the Lord".
All I want, everyday, is what is best for Gracie. So I plot and plan and try to figure out what that is...do I work full time and make sure she can have ballet shoes? Or do I cut back on my hours and risk her living in a paper box (a little dramatic, I know)? What is best for our family? I pray about it, but I still never seem to find an answer that is the "right" one.
You know that old saying, "God laughs at those who makes plans"...well, I certainly don't see what is so funny.
So I try to remember that God is a planner too, and he know the plans that he has for me, and maybe more importantly, Gracie. They are plans to proper, not to harm, plans for a hope and a future. Is that always easy for me to trust and believe? No. But, as always, I have to make a choice...and I choose to believe.
great post, i love reading your blog, and love your honesty.
ReplyDelete