I have no idea what is it with me and cheesy country songs when I am pregnant, but today I heard the Trace Adkins song You're Gonna Miss This, and this part-
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
left me near tears.
There have been so many times during this pregnancy I have wished away days and months. Earlier today I was joking that I wouldn't mind sleeping through the next nine weeks and waking up with a healthy baby in my arms.
It's true that I almost can't wait to get the baby here. There are so many worries and fears that come up with being so close.
But this is the only time I will ever be pregnant with Gracie. This is the only October 20th I will ever have with her in my belly. Today is the day that she kicked so hard I had to push my chair back from my desk. Every day from here on out will be closer to the last day I will be pregnant with this little girl. I will be so happy when that final day comes and I meet her face to face...but I think I'm gonna miss this.
No comments:
Post a Comment