Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Baby Hugs

About a week ago, Sam started giving me baby hugs.  When he was a tiny baby, he would rest his fluffy little head right under my chin and snuggle down until he fit just right. It was the absolute best.

That head is now much bigger (yet still very bit as fluffy), so it doesn't fit under my chin quite right anymore. Don't get me wrong, we still snuggle...most of every night in fact- that's a story for another blog post...but I've missed those special snugs.

That is, until I started receiving baby hugs. Every morning for the past week, Sam finishes eating and starts cooing and grinning up at me. He has the goofiest little grin of any baby I have ever seen, you CANNOT look at him while he is smiling and not smile yourself. Trust me, this is from someone who hasn't slept through the night in 6 months- its a powerful grin.

And then, just when I thought I couldn't smile any harder, I lift him up onto my shoulder where he wraps his little arms around my neck and stays there for a full minute, holding on with all of this tiny might. It is the very best part of my day.

Please let me never forget these baby hugs.


1 comment:

  1. I've just been indulging in my own sweet baby cuddles lately. Claire nuzzles in just perfectly and I just want to double this age right here. I love it so much and this is it... last baby and last time I will fit such a small and beautiful little body in my arms that I made. Gosh, the best.

    ReplyDelete