Friday, July 5, 2013

He Really Did

I was just sitting at my desk this morning at work, you know, working, and half listening to some Pandora in the background.

By the way, Pandora is such a great invention, isn't it?

Anyway, it suddenly came into my consciousness that Rascal Flatt's Bless the Broken Road was on the radio.  All of the sudden I am sitting here with tears just leaking down my face.

This was Rip and my song while I was in the hospital.  I have the clearest memory of listening to this song while I was pumping breast milk at the Medical University after he was born.  It's funny how music can bring back all of those feelings, bring you right back to those moments.

But the thing is, even though I am sitting here missing that baby and would do anything to go back to that room and change the outcome, God really did bless the road that led me there and here.  I have been blessed, and continue to be blessed.  And I think that is part of what brings those stinging tears to my eyes, because the words are true.

That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you, Rip Harris.

3 comments:

  1. Donna TurrentineJuly 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM

    Anne - I know we have never met but my daughter Madison is good friends with Kit. I read your blog and have always been touched by your story. I too have a song that makes the tears roll. My husband died when I was 3 months preg. with Madsion. In the delivery room the Eric Clapton _ "Will I see you in Heaven" came on. It gave me hope but still makes me so sad. Your daughter is the cutest little girl ever and even though we never forget those that we have lost our little girls can always put a smile on our face !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for writing, Donna. It is so true, Gracie puts a smile on my face every day! I am so sorry for your loss. I know that Madison has been such a great friend to Kit...she talks about her all of the time! I hope that we can meet sometime soon, would love to introduce you to Gracie! All the best- Anne

      Delete
  2. Such a bittersweet reminder - so glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete