Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Mamas

You know who I find myself praying for, time and time again...the Mamas.

My heart all but breaks for the Mamas who have lost babies.

And yes, I am sure this is mainly because I have been there and done that.  That I am a Mama who lost her baby.

I realize that there are others involved...certainly the Daddys, but also the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends.  They certainly deserve throughts and prayers as well.  But somehow they seem to be able to cope better, to be stronger.

And then there are the babies themselves...and I am not just talking about babies in the strictest sense of the word..any mama can tell you that her baby is always her baby.  I think about Rip and pray for him all of the time.  But, deep down, I know he is okay.  He is safe.  He is loved. He is taken care of...

So usually it is the Mamas who need the caring for.  And it leaves me frustrated, wishing that I could DO more.  I know what it feels like to wish more than anything you could go back to that one day and change something...I wish I could fix it for them, for all of us.

Lori, Sarah, Christa, Brandy, Liza, Austin, and all of those other Mamas out there who have lost, I am so sorry.  I wish there was something more that I could say.  May peace find you on this day.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Anne. I don't know if I'm the Brandy, but I will pretend like I am. I appreciate the love. It's a rough road wishing we could love on those babies we miss so badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the Brandy and you are welcome!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this!!!!! So special to have a friend like YOU!! I so wish we weren't all part of that "club" but I know that only makes us who we are and stronger because of it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Anne! I appreciate your thoughts and prayers more than you know.

    ReplyDelete