Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful For...

I've been late to join in on the "30 days of thankfulness" craze, but better late than never.

So, seven things I am thankful for (in no particular order)...

- I am thankful that everyone who wanted to had the opportunity to vote yesterday.  But I am mostly thankful that at the end of the day, I was able to come home to my husband and my baby girl.  I am thankful that it is a happy home, where my child is warm, clothed, fed, and safe.  I am thankful to be able to provide her with a home where she knows that she is loved.  Not everyone is so lucky.

- I am thankful for my husband.  Half the time we could wring each other's necks and the other half we really get along very well...but we love each other all of the time.  I am thankful to have found someone who always manages to make me laugh and who truly has a good heart.

- I am thankful to have grown up in a fun family.  I love my parents and I love my siblings. I love our traditions (of which there are many).  I love that I grew up knowing that a sense of fun is one of the more important tools a girl needs to take out into the world.

- I am thankful for my memories of Rip.  Yes, they can be painful, but the only thing more painful would be not having them. Today, I am especially thankful for the memory of soft hair and sweet smells.

- I am so thankful for my wild woman, Gracie-Lou.  I am thankful for her spit-bubble blowing, funny-face making, tongue-clucking little self.  I am more thankful than ever when I look over and see her Daddy with his head thrown back, laughing uncontrollably at her antics.  Really I could just write the numbers 1-30 on this post and put "Gracie" beside each one...but that is probably cheating.

- I am thankful for writing.  I am so glad that I decided to start writing this blog when I did, and that I wrote a prayer journal over these past few years.  Those words (and the answered prayers) that I can go back to read now are some of my greatest treasures.

- And to end on a lighter note, I am awfully thankful for leftover Halloween candy.  One week later and the influx to the office is still going strong.  Doubly thankful for whoever brought the Butterfingers.

Stay tuned, plenty more to be thankful for...

No comments:

Post a Comment