Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Peaks and Pits

Okay, I admit it...I watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians.  I should be more ashamed, but I'm not.  Furthermore, my favorite Kardashian is Khloe.  Do I want them to be role models for my daughter, no.  Do I enjoy them on a Sunday afternoon while I fold laundry, yes.
So, anyone familiar with the family K knows that it is their tradition to go around the table and list the peaks and pits of their day...incidentally, this is one of the reasons I like them, as this is also a tradition my family had growing up (although our similarities to the Kardashians pretty much end there).
I've been having some writer's block lately, I think there is just so much going on inside my head that I can't seem to get anything out.  I decided maybe the peaks and pits thing might be a good way for me to get my thoughts organized.
Peaks:
Obviously, Gracie.  Gracie, Gracie, Gracie. Which is a peak so huge it is practically a mountain! But,we also recently got the opportunity to move.  We are supposed to go September 1st, and this move is something we have been wanting for a long time...which leads us to...
Pits:
The dangblasted house we live in now.  Don't get me wrong, it's a great house (seriously, want to buy or rent it?!!?) It truly is a cute house, but we need more space, like yesterday.  If something doesn't happen before September,we might not get to move and well, that makes me want to say things not fit for this blog.
My other pit is kind of hard to put into words.  You know that story about putting golf balls, pebbles, and sand in a jar, where the golf balls are what's important and the sand is the small stuff blahdy blahdy blahdy (no? well, here you go...http://www.biz.colostate.edu/MTI/TeachingTips/Inspirational_Materials_Related_to_Education/MaynonnaiseJarTwoBeers.aspx)
Anyway, I feel like I am getting bogged down in the sand.  Do you ever feel like there is something you are supposed to be doing, and you aren't? I guess that's where I am right now.
So, there you have it...my peaks and my pits.  Khloe would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment