Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Smartest, Cutest Baby in the World...Or

I was prepared for the unconditional love I felt when I had Gracie, it's the same I experienced when I had Rip, but what I wasn't really prepared for was the pride I feel in the small day to day things that this baby does. 

The expression "my heart swelled with pride" did not make sense until I watched Gracie smile for the first time...I literally felt like my chest would bust wide open.  There are times during the day when my girl does something clearly so advanced...like take a nap without screaming bloody murder for an hour...that I get a little teary eyed.

To be this proud of someone for not putting her foot in her own poop during a diaper change scares me a little...what I am going to do when she takes her first step or says her first word?

She is obviously the smartest, cutest baby in the whole world...or, even better, maybe she is just Mine.

1 comment:

  1. It is truly amazing how much you can love someone SO much and it gets better and better each and every day! Just wait for that first giggle......that is one of the best!

    ReplyDelete