Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Better Than Fine Wine

This blog is basically serving as Gracie's baby book as I haven't found the time to start a proper one, so this post is just a memory that I want to keep...

Gracie's little baby breathe has always smelled like sweet grapes.  Often in the middle of the night she will finish eating and settle onto my shoulder while I pat her back and attempt to get a burp.  More times than not, we will both fall asleep in the process...but sometime later I will catch a distinct whiff of sweet little grape breath, open one eye only to find one very large, very awake baby eyeball staring right at me.  It never fails to crack me up and since I know the sweet grape stage (and we can only pray the middle of the night stage) will soon end, it's a memory worth preserving.

No comments:

Post a Comment