Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weeping May Endure

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning Psalm 30:5

I will never understand why some people seem to have so much more to weep about than others.

I started this day staring in the mirror and lamenting my open incision, flabby stomach and two year's worth of baby weight.  I ended it being so thankful for all of those things.

Over the course of the day I learned of a two people who would give anything to be in my postion right now. 

I will say, without the doubt I've had in my heart before now, that there is a God.  He gave me Gracie.  But I will never, ever on this earth understand why human beings have to watch their children suffer, why babies die, why Rip died.

I think it might be easy for me to slip into typical mommy-hood now.  And in many aspects I hope that I do.  But I won't allow myself to forget how lucky I am, and how many people are waiting for what I have... safe and healthy, sleeping in her swing without a care in the world. 

For some, weeping lasts much longer than I night, but I have to believe that, if not this morning then very soon, there will be joy.

1 comment: