Friday, June 10, 2011

I Feel Awful...Isn't It Great!

When I was pregnant with Rip, I honestly thought that women who talked about how they were so nauseous and/or tired during the first twelve weeks needed to toughen up...I mean sure, the sight of raw meat kind of made me gag and I went to bed a half an hour earlier, but what were all of these people complaining about?  Clearly they just weren't as awesome at this whole first trimester thing as I was.

And then...

I got pregnant with Baby Harris #2.  This kid pulled out all of the stops.

There are whole food groups that I am fairly sure I will never eat again.  I considered not washing my hair for a few weeks just so I would not have to smell the shampoo.  Tired? More like soul-sucking fatigue.  There have been times I would have traded my whole shoe collection just to stay in bed an extra hour.

But to be honest, I've been thankful for every minute ...well,  maybe every 55 seconds....of it.  The reassurance of knowing that a growing, living baby is the only reason I could possibly feel this bad has actually been a blessing.

So bring on the saltines and ginger ale, I feel awful...isn't it great?!

3 comments:

  1. hmm maybe it really is a "she" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! May your pregnancy be filled with peace.... I will be praying for you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I wasn't tough at all. Thankfully I spent the 90% of the day in bed during the first trimester just trying to get through it. I've never been so happy to hear you so sick!!! xoxox, Julia

    ReplyDelete