Friday, May 6, 2011

Speed Bump Ahead

I was sitting here, trying to think of something positive and hopeful to say about Mother's Day...but to be honest, this is not a day I am looking forward to.

It's not that I don't consider myself a mother...I do.  And it's definitely not that I don't think we should have a day to celebrate mothers...I've had two great-grandmothers, two grandmothers, a mother-in-law, and most especially my own mother who were and are the greatest women in the world and make me want to throw a parade just to show off how fabulous they are.

But Mother's Day is one of those visible speed bumps in the road of grief for me...I see it coming, I know it's going to jostle me around for a bit, and I'll be glad when I make it to the other side.

1 comment:

  1. Since there's nothing really "happy" about Mother's Day when you don't have your baby to share it with you, I'm going to wish you a PEACEFUL Mother's Day! I hope that during next year's Mother's Day celebration you will be holding a sweet baby in your arms! Lots of peace and love...Kristin

    ReplyDelete