Friday, April 22, 2011

A Time for Miracles

Where there is great love, there are miracles - Willa Cather

For God so loved the world, he gave his one and only Son- John 3:16

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.  But the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13

Easter is a time for love and for miracles.  This time last year, I found out I was pregnant with Rip. I've been dreading this Easter, I knew that it would bring memories of a happy time that is gone.  I wasn't completely wrong, there have been times in the past few days where those memories caught me unaware and sad doesn't even begin to describe it.

But maybe that is what Easter is all about, its a time when hope seems lost only to be found again.  It's a time when God's love was shown at it's greatest.  It's a time that, despite all that seemed lost forever, belief was regained... and always there was faith, hope, and love.

I know I've used that quote from Willa Cather before, but it speaks to me.  I have not given up on faith, hope, or most of all the power of love.  And, in spite of everything, I still believe that the power of love can bring great miracles.

Hoping this Easter season bring faith, hope, and love... and just maybe a few miracles for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment