Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's a Choice

Not long after Rip passed away, when I was in my "anger" stage, a friend suggested I try kickboxing as a healthy way of dealing with my frustrations.  Sounded like a good idea to me, so off I went.

I had not been there for more than five minutes when I started to smell it...the unmistakable scent of dog poo.

To my horror, I realized the girl next to me had the misfortune of stepping in the stuff and was now, quite literally, kicking it in my face.

I have no idea how she did not notice, maybe she was just pretending not to, but I spent the 45 minutes trying to dodge each smelly front, roundhouse, and side kick that came my way.

At the end of the class, we were supposed to do an abdominal exercises...requiring us to lay down on the ground.  Now, this girl's nasty foot had made the rounds and it showed.  Let's just say the floor was not a place I wanted any part of my body touching.  My abs did not get a workout that day.

So, I guess the moral of the story is sometimes no matter what you do, life is going to kick crap at you...but it's your choice whether to lie down in it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment