Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Where You Least Expect It...

Today I got excited about some cheese and peanut butter crackers.  You know the kind I am talking about, the bright orange kind, that should never be found in the natural world. 

Over these past three months I've paid a lot of lip service to the things that I am thankful for...friends, family, etc, etc...and that it all very true, but I am not kidding when I say that these peanut butter crackers are the first thing that I have felt unexpected, unmanufactured, out of the blue, just plain excitement over in twelve weeks.

Now, clearly, I am not still sitting here doing cartwheels over a packet of Toastchees or whatever they are called, but it was such a relief to know that spontaneous excitement is still there, that eventually there will be more and more to be excited about...hopefully something better than fake cheese and processed peanut butter, but I'll take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment